Friday, October 26, 2007

Burning issues

One night in April of last year, I was practising I had obtained some CD's with Stuart Wilde's meditations and settled on the deep-level theta form using a metronome. I enjoyed the experience immensely and the seamless blending of realities was refreshing and relaxing. After years of being uninspired by TM and various other forms of alpha meditation, I decided to stay with this type of theta meditation.
However after just a few sessions I had a most shocking experience. I retired to bed one night shortly after a deeply satisfying session and woke up next morning with a small burn on the extreme right side of my face in the form of a horseshoe. I was horrified and rushed to a dermatologist the same day to find out if I had an allergic reaction to something. She was adamant that it was no allergic reaction but a burn. Together we sat down and went through all of my activities the evening before but could no find no logical explanation for the situation. There was no one with me that night. We ruled out the possibility of animals incense burn, an electrical appliance or anything close to my sleeping space that could have caused that burn. There was only one logical explanation...the theta meditation. I was rather scared so I stopped the meditation sessions immediately and proceeded with protective prayers before falling asleep every night. Luckily there was no further incident of this nature and the burn mark began to fade but is still slightly visible on the right side of my face nearly one and a half years later.
I spent many months doing research and the only insight I could find as to why this occurred came from Brooks Alexander, senior researcher for the Spiritual Counterfeits Project based in California. He wrote:

"The fact is that no one knows how demonic beings operate in relation to psychic phenomena. Therefore it is impossible to say that "X" amount of psychic involvement (meditating in this instance) will result in demonic contact. We do not know where to draw the line between dabbling and demonism or between curiosity and commitment, nor do we know when that line is crossed...I would suggest that the neural and mental pattern set up by psychic involvement provides an interface with other forms of consciousness which are extradimensional and demonic in nature. In that case, then psychic dabbling is a little like entering the cage of a man-eating tiger. You may or may not be eaten, depending in part on how hungry the tiger is. The significant point is once you enter the cage, the initiative passes to the tiger."

In our discussions of spirit worlds, we should keep in mind that there are many dimensions and some are rather dark or demonic in nature while others are filled with all-encompassing light. Others may be neutral to man but we have no way of knowing the dangers associated with the gateways to these other realities.

No comments: